Wednesday, August 31, 2011

12 Bar blues.

We fought
She left

guitily later I searched

the gold
the Star
Cock & Bottle
Ground Floor
Finches
Castle
Mau Mau
Muse 
Elgin
the Union
cow
The Westbourne

Of course I had a drink in each.

Now I've got the 12 bar blues & can't remember who I'm looking for.



The muse has gone
Leaving me nothing but a tin opener
And a can of worms.

Opening the can
I take up the fattest, juiciest .
Snag it on my gaudy hook.

Trawl it.

Trawl it through the bars
Trawl it through the clubs
Trawl it through the pubs
Of Notting Hill
Trot it down Portobello road
Tesco disco
The Globe
Finches
Electric
Ravenous
Mau Mau
The Star
The Gold
The Cow
Westbourne
Grand Union
The Earl

angling for the Muse

Of course I had a drink in each of them
Now I've got the 12 bar blues

And I can't remember what I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment