Monday, September 12, 2011

The carpenters tale.



(With apologies to Lennon and McCartney)

She sat opposite me and said:
You are seeing someone else
you don't love me any-more
you are never here
you are always distant now.

I sat opposite her and said:
Sometimes a piece of wood sings to me
I found a piece of singing wood six weeks ago
it sang of your beauty and grace
it sang of my love for you
it sang of our happiness.
Since then I have spent every waking hour
working with that wood
making you a table
I built into it your beauty, your grace
I built into it my love for you
I built into it our happiness.
That is why I have not been here
that is why I have appeared distant.

I then brought the table to her... There!

She said:
You do not love me any-more
You are seeing someone else.

That table is in the fucking Ikea catalogue... Sixty quid.

She left me then.
I lit a fire
Isn't it good. Norwegian wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment